Monday, December 31, 2012

Get ready for a new year!

 Wow it's had to believe a year has gone by, a lot has happened since this time last year. Good, bad and some ugly. But today we are going to celebrate the ringing of the new year with family and friends who are like family. Tonight I will raise my glass to wishing everyone a happy and healthy new year!!
 But before I raise my glass I will twist a wrench! The last time I posted anything bus, we had just finished fabricating the rear engine mount after the 're-shifting' of the engine. Now that it is in place
It was time to re configure the tranny mounts. The shift of the engine back 5/8" will still allow me to use the existing tranny mounts. The issue is how to accurately mark the new mounting position.

 In comes the furniture felt on a 10 foot pole!



 OK it wasn't 10 feet but using some old paint in the workshop, something thick and contrasting,
 
 You can see it worked like a damn!

Next step was to remove the mounts and drill the new holes. As you can see, the old hole would have to be plugged. Being that I upgraded the tranny bolts to some new grade 8 bolts, I had no use for the old ones...until this!


 
Some welding, some grinding, and then some paint to finish it off.
Now the hard part, re install and see if my measurements were true

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...