Monday, May 16, 2016

Momma needs a new pair of shoes

we can be walking through the mall, and Michelle will see a little foot bling and exclaim "Oooohhh, momma needs a new pair of shoes". All I have to say is I get it. Sometimes you see something that is so sexy at the hardware store that you just "need" it, or you got yourself into a corner and you have have to find a solution...kinda like Michelle needing that specific pair of shoes to match the specific dress for the specific occasion. Make sense....or am I reaching for validation for my tool habit?

Either way, I solved one problem and created another. The A/C unit is moved up top and cabinetry construction has begun. Now I want to secure the unit down to the cabinet...
But, I made choices and now I must sleep in the bed I made.....How's that for an incomplete metaphor? Yes, I chose to keep the cabinet that the A/C unit is in as conservative as possible, which means there is no space to spare. Which means..."How the hell am I going to get a hand ratchet in there? I'm going to use a round head stove bolt so from the underside you see a rivet like round head. So that means that the nut has to go up top. And I can barely get my paws in there to finger thread a nut onto the bolt.
Daddy needs a new shiny tool!!

The right tool for the right job! This flex cable attachment allows me to get into, and there for out of, some pretty tight spots! Awesome! Check that job off the list!

Next job buzzing around my head was to reconfigure the destination window sign. Quite simple really. I have the sign set up so the manual handle is on the left...
I want it on the right. So I contacted the good folks at Transign LLC to inquire how I could do this. I mean obviously flip the sign end for end. But then as equally obvious is my text will be upside down! So I needed to know if I can pull the rollers and flip them too so the text will be correct. They were awesome! I sent them an email in the morning, during my lunch the tech called me and walked me through what and how to do it.

So I laid things out, flipped, turned, retape and voilĂ 


Destination sign...same but different!


1 comment:

  1. Great post! I'm glad to see you kept the scrolling sign, it's a great feature to have.

    ReplyDelete

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...