Wednesday, May 4, 2016

What lies beneath....

OK perhaps a misleading and entirely over dramatic reference to what I thought was a great "who done it" kind of movie. A bit of a stretch to try to successfully tie it in to the ongoing journey of Fillmore, but 'ehhh!..you do whatcha gotta do".
I guess what I'm trying to say is that, like many times before, we have proceeded to a point of progress, only to have to stop and rewind so that we can proceed.The rear bench is shaping up beautifully but before I can secure everything down I have a job to do that lies under the small subfloor.

And this my friends is what is going to fix the concern.
A sheet of rubber. I can't even remember when I got it or where. I have been using it for gaskets and such, but holding onto the biggest piece for this job. It was a challenge to find it in the unorganized mayhem I call my garage! I swear if I win the lotto I will build a big shop with LOTS of shelving
The area of concern for me is where the wiring harnesses come into the living space. It's always just been a big open hole. So I created two "u" shaped brackets with a sling of the rubber on each. Assembled together I get a nice seal to minimize air flow...
...and critter flow too!
As I work away....my young padawan...was busy creating his own project.


I am so proud of both my kids, they both have their own ways of being creative. Anna is a beautiful dancer and tremendous performer(not to mention her knack for the visual arts) And my son Jeff never ceases to amaze me with his creative vision and ability to be undaunted by a task at hand. Often his only stumbling block is materials....and permission. This time he had both. Except for the moment when he needed a chain saw...although I am confident he is competent....the parental unit in me said "Whoa.....wait a second there cowboy! Why don't we say, You help me and I'll help you".
So I took down a tree so he could construct a bike swing and he helped me resize a storage box for under the back bench seat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...