Monday, May 2, 2016

Happy Place

I love working on Fillmore, yes it could be argued that I am a little obsessed, but it's a healthy obsession....and creative.....and rewarding. All right, enough justification. Bottom line was this weekend allowed me some time to work on Fillmore, and the weather allowed me to pull him outside so I could enjoy the sunshine while I puttered. It was at this moment , this picture, I caught myself smiling that I realized,yet again, that I was in my happy place.


The last blog about work that I was doing, I mentioned that I had decided to alter the side portions of the rear bench. I had test fit the box in place and was happy with the fit,but upon reflection I had missed one of my design elements. So back to the drawing board.


I want, whenever possible, to embrace, embellish, and encourage "the curve". On of the big draws I had when I originally saw one of these many years ago was the curves of the front, the roof, the rear. So rather than hide the curves of the walls on the inside, I layered my way panels and didn't glue them to allow for them to follow the shape of the ribs. So after I did the test fit of the side box of the rear bench I realized I had made a sharp corner where a rounded one is needed.

So I reconfigured and remade the box...












Funny how such a small difference can change your(my) feelings about something when you look at it. This is 'how it should be' it just seems right.





The day went on, and with a little help from my friends...

We finished a matching set

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...