Sunday, September 18, 2016

Air

I sometimes think that reality TV shows about DIY home reno disasters are a direct and deliberate product of the professional reno shows. I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory but give it some thought.Home renovation stores in the states like ACE hardware generated revenue of 144 BILLION dollars in a fiscal year. That says that there are many, many people out there doing DIY home repairs. Shows on TV showing home renos by the pros are all over the place, and the way they edit the program it makes it look quick, easy, clean and concise. So it would make sense that people who are watching these shows become inspired and put their skills to a test. Thus big business creates the demand for there product in the retail stores. However, watching a carefully edited and staged episode of Property Brothers is a very different animal to replacing a sink in a 50 year old house. Things don't always go quite so smoothly in reality of reality TV.

I kind of felt like this when it was time to build the bathroom walls. First I cut the walls, placed them where I wanted them to go...now I have to make all the loose ends involved somehow braid into a pretty and functional rope.
As seen before the furnace requires the water lines to run within the cold air return line to the furnace. Its position from the necessary sub floor route brought the line up right beside....no, right in the bathroom wall. So I had to be a little creative with my "emergence profile" (a little dental humor there sorry!)

Looks great, allows the bathroom wall to remain whole and  be right where I wanted. Next...I want a 90 degree at the top of the pipe, so that "stuff" doesn't fall in!


That had to get creative as well....




















I was quite happy with how this all worked out!.....Now on to the next problem!
Water.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...