Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Cart before the horse

I will admit, I can be excitable. Hard to believe, yes, but it's true. Sometimes I can knowingly create more work for myself because I am so excited to see results. Take the cabinetry for example. I know that I have to pull it all out. I know that I have to tweak door swing and edging, I know that there is tons of work that needs to get done. So why would you ask would I not only drill all the holes for running the furnace ducts, but then install the ducting as well? I mean it's kind of like putting the cart before the horse! Yes, it really is just a big a jigsaw puzzle.  I designed it all to be  retrievable, but it's not an easy task.
But like I have said to Michelle many times over the years as she watches her little boy do death defying acts on his bike and or trampoline.....do not ask why my dear....but...."Why not?"
And so I did. Thinking that the inverter was going to share the space in the above photo, I even went as far as to run aerogel insulation and a second reflective coating over that to insulate the inverter. Upon reflection though I think the inverter will go elsewhere. None the less it's in there, installed to the ying yang, only to be taken out soon.

Speaking of inverter, it was time to bite the bullet and drill more holes. Nervous? why would you think I would be nervous to drill a hole in the body of a 65+  year old bus after I spent hours and hours trying to preserve every square inch of metal on it's bones?.
OK, perhaps I will settle for saying I was apprehensive. The best defence is a good offence, so I assembled my strike force for the operation at hand


As William Shakespeare penned , it was "All ado about nothing" Depending on your perspective it was kid of pretty really.
Keeping with the theme of completing jobs that will only have to be reversed.....cabinet hardware installed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...