Friday, January 20, 2017

Electrifying

It seems like I've got a few things on the go lately, I am still awaiting the news of our building permit application. I am finally getting to build the shop I have wanted for close to a decade. It is now in the hands of the municipal bureaucracy to see if it passes their magical guidelines. In the meantime work continues on Fillmore.

Next on the list is running electrical. You see I have the fridge cabinet in place and then finished the trim for the microwave. So now it is time to put the microwave in place....which means I need to plug it in, which means I need to run electrical cable   and outlets, which means I need to take the microwave and fridge out!
makes perfect sense really.

While doing this I decided it was time to run all the plugs, which means I need to take some of the rear cabinets out to create a wire chase.
So many times you start a job, which requires you to remove part of a previously finished job, which then makes you realize that you could have designed the initial step better to give you easier reversibility. Take the furnace ducting... I designed the bench seat to be able to be quickly torn down to give me access to the battery bank. But as I contemplated taking the seat out I realized the furnace ducting was run through the seat in a way that did not follow the same design mantra as the bench. I could easily take a section of bench out but I'd have to cut the furnace ducting to do it. So.....
I improvised! 2" PVC has the same  60mm diameter as the interior of the ducting. So I cut pieces so I could remove sections easily.


And so it did!.......now onto the real matter at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...