Saturday, January 7, 2017

Winter wonderland


I love winter. When I say that, the majority of people giv em a face like they accidentally bit into a lemon instead of an apple. But the truth of the matter is, I love the look of winter, the snow on the trees the distinctive crunch of your footsteps in the cold winter morn....it's all good in my books. Now granted, you have to be prepared for the cold, and that takes time, and being that the days are short...winter is less productive. But, if you get your work space all fired up and your webasto heater is purring along like a kitten, the next thing you know you are snug as a bug in a rug at 20C inside the bus listening to CBC radio and drinking coffee. I tried to convince Michelle and the kids to come out there with me,THAT would have rounded out the situation and created the perfect afternoon, but alas....my nirvana is not necessarily everyone's nirvana.















Today was a day of reinstall and reconnect. Fridge cabinetry was put back in. I must admit, it suffered a little warpage on the one piece due to what I can assume was the sheer amount of painting it went through. The compartment for the microwave above the fridge has a rebate in the vertical wall to slide the shelf into place. This leaves the plywood in the area 5/16" thick. That is where there is a "wow" to the board. fortunately the mounting bracket holds the piece in its original  position and therefor the "wow" is negated.

While I reinstalled the back wall of the fridge cabinet It was time to properly place the rear light switch control for the center isle lights and for the rear pot lights. Unfortunately they did not work when I powered them up. A quick tear down investigation revealed the problem. It was so obvious I wasn't quite sure how it happened, but I'm going to blame beer


















On the right is correct, on the left is not correct. Fortunately the power was also not hooked up so when I did provide power to them all, there was no harm done.

Now that I have lights to work, it was time to finally mount the inverter and furnace controls.




















Yes, I know its a lot of pictures to show off two little panels, but I just love the way it looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...