Monday, April 16, 2018

A little Bling

Once I had the passenger side galley counter in place, it was time to remove it again (of course) for some finishing work in the warmth of the shop.
I really don't want sharp 90 degree corners on the counters...it would seem counter productive (sorry) given the trouble we've gone through to maintain rounded surfaces inside and out. As well I have to create a finished surface for the exposed edge of the counter top.At this point I was wishing my younger brother (with metal forming experience) was here

But after a GF beer to contemplate, I was able to create a profile I was happy with.












I tried on a few mounting screw styles...I bet you can guess which one was the winner





Once in place, and I made sure the drawers could open and close, I was happy...sort of. It was looking kind of dull if you asked me.





















So a little time with polishing wheels and paste..And, as Emeral used to say, BAM!
This not only gives me a finished surface but also a raised edge on the counter by ~ 1/4" so that things don't roll off the counter top while en route or otherwise.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...