Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Hola!

There has been a whirl wind of activity around the Sinclair household as of late. Anna and I have been to Guatemala with Dentistry For All, working with the less fortunate and under serviced people of northern Guatemala. In the days just proceeding our departure Michelle and I managed to squeeze out a hike up ranger and Anna was busy giving pre trip interviews

















All the while I try to squeeze out a moment here and a minute there...
The kitchen cabinetry continues to develop. As I try to use every nook and cranny under the sink area, I have to get creative. The picture above is a cabinet that will fit in right under the sink. The bottom section is a regular drawer, the top is at first glance, unusable space. But I thought if instead of a drawer we made a hinged container...

So I found some low profile blind cabinet hinges. Gave them a test fit on some scrap wood, and it should work!

Once together in the shop, things are looking great
However, as our good man Robbie burns once said "the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry". I swera I measured and measured, but something was lost in translation, and the drawer and "bucket" wont close properly.











The culprit for the bucket is the drain trap, the culprit for the drawer is the draoin piupe into the grey water tank. Both will be fixable....just have to get a little creative!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...