Sunday, April 29, 2018

Step by step...

It's a funny feeling, but one of the reasons I maintain the blog is that it seems to be a way of keeping myself accountable to the ongoing progress of Fillmore. And, as such I often fight feelings of judgement while I make a blog post. Some are good and some are a little more in the  "looking down the nose" at myself. To be a little more clear, today for example, I sit here and type this post and all I can think of is...."Really?.......after spending all that time......is that all I got done?"
But worry not, the voice is quiet and meek, for every bit of progress is just that...progress. After spending what seemed like an eternity laying out and scribing flooring pieces, it was finally time to install them.
This of course was followed by installing the edge banding, which required replacement of my rebate bit. As I mentioned in a previous post I hit a screw (or two) which destroyed the bit. After visiting my usual haunts looking for a bit only 1/16" thick, I gave up and went to the internet.Thankfully amazon delivered right to my office!
Playing with the trim to allow flexibility....




















The finished product was just what I had hoped for, clean and bright, simple and sleek. Now on to the couch...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...