Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A day worth waiting for

It's mid week, by the time I get home not allot of outside work to be done. So after the kids x-country ski club, dinner ( a masterpiece of Italian chicken burgers...thank you, thank you,..)put the kids to bed then off to the workshop. Tonight....WINDOWS!
Yes, although I don't have ALL the rubber seals yet I do have the "U" channel. So after clean,polish, and top coating the aluminum frame. I thought, lets put it all together and see how she looks!


Glass was sourced from Bowness Crystal Glass

The U channel fits very well I think!


Wrapping the glass with the 'U' channel and then sliding it into the frame is far from an exact science, friction and elasticity of the seal are both a friend and enemy. So you can imagine how happy I was to get a seam like this!!

These are the vents from the front of the bus, stripped and waiting for some primer.

Ahh yes and finally the drivers floor panels in and around the pedals...they cleaned up REEEAL good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...