Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Cave Dwellers

 Cave drawings, Egyptian hieroglyphics, ancient scrolls. They all tell a story, a story of the events of a time or the struggles in a society or group, or the dreams and aspirations of a lofty idealist. (It comes via idea from the Greek idein (ἰδεῖν), meaning "to see"...thanks be to Vecelli.
The man cave of Fillmore, and I call it a 'man' cave not because women are not welcomed openly but rather because experience has shown that most members of the xx gender don't like the smell of oil grease and grime and thus don't venture to far past the threshold willingly.




 Yet I digress...as I was saying, the Man Cave of Fillmore has it's own set of cave drawings.



Some are humorous. (because they have an element of truth-cue the banjo music)











Some are informative, warning explorers of this strange location of the possible dangers that lay within...













Some are educational...













Some are philosophical...
And others simply are sarcastic!

Doing a little archaeological dig I was mentally documenting the different circuits that have been set up by the electrical system mastermind from the Montana tribe. It was the VCR which originally caught my attention. I thought...." Aside from my mother,who uses a VCR anymore?". And then I saw it.Deep withing the elecrical bowels of the fuse panel.A circuit labeled for a reel to reel player!

Good one!....funny!.....would be even funnier if I had one to install in Fillmore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...