Saturday, April 28, 2012

Joy Of Spring

Joy Of Spring

A Spring morning
A warm Breeze
doves cooing softly
Pollen dusted trees


 David Whalen


Who is David Whalen...who knows but that is the beauty of the Internet publisher! I was doing some reading and, you know how it goes, one minute your looking at wiring diagrams for externally regulated alternators, then a few short moves of the mouse and your reading poetry of spring time!....come on grease monkey wanna-bees  have an artistic side too you know!

 There have been a lot of things that have brought a smile to our face these days. Some of them are simple, like green grass and the smell of the wet woods around home. Some of them are a little more selfish, like doing a test fit of the drivers seat in Fillmore! Jeffey really thought this was cool. He was so happy I didn't have the heart to tell him that driving Fillmore wasn't right around the corner quite yet.
I know it looks out of place against the current background, but if you turn your head to the right, close your left eye and squint....you can start to envision the interior.
John from Red Dragon Hydraulics phoned me up and had good news and bad news about the hydraulic selector valve for the hydraulic fan. The bad news used words like," it's seized" and "discontinued" and "obsolete". The good news was "I can get you a modern version...by tomorrow"
Another series of smiles came yesterday. Randy returned from his annual golf trek with the Macdonald brothers and came out to work on Fillmore. While Randy problem solved a few problems in the back I worked away on the hide and tide of the drivers area. You can see I took the floor boards out again to allow myself better access to the wire looms coming into the dash area. The dash is far from done but again, it gives us a glimpse of the future of Fillmore.
To end the work Day Randy and I were treated to a command performance by Michelle. Now just because she commanded us to sit and listen doesn't mean that it was against our will. Quite the opposite really, it was something I looked forward to all day long. In preparation for her Grade 10 voice exam she performed a portion of her repertoire. I got to tell you a sound so full and powerful is mind boggling coming out of a body so petite. As I sat and sipped coffee and listened to her weave her musical magic, I fell in love all over again....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...