Sunday, April 1, 2012

Handlin' the heat

I love sharing Fillmore. I have such a great time working on Fillmore that I love to share the time with anyone who will dare to take a chance and do something they perhaps haven't done before. Now I have to be careful , I obviously love the help too. I can't just take the moral high road and say I'm loving it solely because of what it means to the other person. I, like other type 'A', goal driven, details oriented quasi perfectionists need all the help I can get and it's a great feeling to get "stuff" done!

Harold came back from a few days in the mountains with his family. The night he got back he snuck out to the engine room to take some measurements and create a plan for a template. That way first thing in the morning he was hitting the ground running.
I was on everything air. As luck would have it my retractable air hose bit the biscuit. So I had to remove that to repair, and then get under Fillmore to install the last of the rear brake components.
Harold continued to toil away to the last possible second before they accompanied us to our kids talent show. A lot of parental hooting and hollering was done. I've got a couple of talented kids. Despite the challenges they were dealt genetically...they turned out OK!!
After the school show I ended up back at home accompanied by Michelle's Dad Ron. So naturally we donned our coveralls and got in a wee bit more work. We installed the heat shield after I finished putting on the the firesleeve.

Then Ron did some last alterations to the drivers side side air chute panel to allow for the coolant shut off valves.
The last step didn't get entirely done, but we got a good start on the hinged panel on the chute front!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...