Friday, April 13, 2012

They're heeeeeerrreee....

 I have to say, I am so grateful for Chris and Bryce coming all the way up here from Montana to help with Fillmore. Yes, yes, I know I am paying them but quite frankly they put in huge long days and eat live and sleep Fillmore. On top of that how easy would it be to simply say " no, not my problem" but they don't. They drive 5+ hours, across the border, leaving their loved ones behind (thank you Kim!).
 And what do I give to them in return?...sure there is the bed to sleep in, the food and beer in the fridge....but I bring a Canadian Winter.....or is that a Canadian spring?....right! One and the same.


 Thankfully I had Randy pick up a very large tarp for the shelter on Wed. night. The rough part was putting it up on the shelter by myself....in the dark. Jeff was helping but eventually Michelle called him off. Some people think kids shouldn't be outside helping their dear old Dad well after 9pm on a school night with no apparent end in sight! "Hmmphf!"
 Well, as Bring Crosby said, "The weather outside is frightful , but the wiring in the engine compartment is soooo delightful".......OK maybe it's closer to what Bill would have said rather than Bing.
While the snow fell and the conditions were poor. We all stayed snug as a bug in a rug inside. Chris worked on the fuse panel, Bryce was replacing the piggyback brake cans....apparently a corroded diaphragm is a no no....I think that would be a safe concern for any type hmmm??


Now Bryce is a big man, and seems to be the kind of guy that is you really ticked him off he might just 'pop' your head like the little domes in the bubble wrap....and of course I would never say this to him but......

Is it just me or is the jolly green giant sleeping under the bus?
 So while the boys worked away on the electrical, I got to....wait for it.....wait!....

POR-15.............'nuf said'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...