Sunday, February 6, 2011

Two steps forward...one step back

 Hmmm sound familiar? Yup, a repeat! Not that the blog entry is a repeat but the title is. But that is because it is a recurrent theme with Fillmore.
We actually had a great ski day today, we went up to Sunshine and had a great old time following the kids through the tree trails...just like we did to our parents when we were their age-(sorry about that Mom&Dad). My quads are killin' me!
 Anyway, we had a bite to eat in Canmore and then got home and just about everyone decided to hit the sack early. I had a tough decision...watch the Super Bowl(which I had on the PVR) or...


 
 So to the bus tent I went:)
Yesterday I told you how the U-bolt that attaches to the shock was interfering with the mounting bracket for the brake shaft. I thought I would just grind a bit and all would be well...(this is the step back part). Well all was not well. My eye ball calculations  grossly underestimated the space I needed. I was tired of playing Harry Houdini and squeezing my body in and around the axle, so I took off the tires and dropped it down onto the wheel dollies again. Last night I had a done a little grinding to allow for the U bolt to pass but...it just didn't work. So today I gave it some thought,I had plenty of time on the chair lift to ponder what my options were. Once the axle was dropped down again it was plain to see the easiest option. Remove and reposition the bracket.
 So I cut both sides off, the nut and bolt are toast....long since seized, but the metal bracket itself is perfectly fine. I'll just reposition it and weld her all back together!
 I don't know if you noticed the beautiful shocks?...so lovely.
It's only a week away from St. Valentines day....I don't know a little romantic meeting over the cozy sandblaster!...what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...