Friday, February 11, 2011

Hot Rod Welding Cart

Variety is the spice of life. Sometimes we have to change things up a bit and work on other 'projects' to keep the passion burning for the main event. Being that Jack frost is here in spades, working out in the shelter is sometimes a bit of a challenge. Take for example welding. The act of welding at low temperatures is no particular bother. But carting the welder, and tank out to the bus can be a bit of a pain. My 'retired' shopping cart is a fantastic mobile cart for the garage....smooth as silk. Moving across the gravel driveway in the summer is a bit of a pain. Attempting to move the cart across the snow pack is another story! So time to modify the welder so we can modify the bus!

First off the new wheels I got from Princess Auto needed a 5/8" shaft, which oddly enough I just happened to have..? I knew I would need a 5/8" drill bit.....what I didn't realize when I bought said bit was that the shaft was 1/2" and my trusty hand held drill was too small to accept that shank size.
Luckily my bench top drill press will.......so we made a temporary bench top...yes it is a bucket.


A little bit of patience and a little bit of persuasion and....
We are off to the races......Jeff may have taken that a little to literal.






1 comment:

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...