Sunday, February 27, 2011

Wiggle room

 Being that it has been minus 700000C for the last few days.....OK maybe I'm being a wee bit dramatic......-675000C tops but that is the god honest truth...or at least it felt like it. You know when it's so cold that when you drive your car on the highway and you have to down shift, you push in the clutch and you are scared that it's so stiff the pedal might not come back up off the floor! And when they give the weather report on the radio, they either play the sound track from 'Ripley's Believe it or not!.....or the theme from Halloween 3 for effect?....THAT is how cold it was!
Sooooo, I worked inside for whatever time I could this weekend....which unfortunately wasn't much. 

 I wiggled the engine within the cradle as far back towards the door as I could. Even at this I will have to do some mods to the cradle. You can see the rear engine mount is sitting on the wood support over the frame of the dolly as opposed to the cross support on the cradle. I still can squeeze out a few more inches I think. I will have to "redesign" the rear removable bumper/splash guard but I may have no choice.


I then removed the drive shaft that came on the harvested power pack. I do have a second drive shaft at my disposal, but either way I go I will likely have to take this to a machine shop and have them modify or create a new one. A new shorter one....






With the drive shaft off it allows me a bit better view of what I have and what I need.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...