Monday, June 27, 2011

OMG!!,WTF??,GMAB!

I thought I would try to be hip and use text slang, or short hand or whatever you call it. The first pic is not so much an OMG  but rather a bit of noteworthy happenings. This is the underside of the water tanks. Yes, yes my southern friends, I do have them in plywood boxes, that will be insulated...talk to me when you go camping at -25C.
 Michelle said..."OK I don't get it, you take the time to paint the interior surface of window wells that no one will ever see, in order to protect the surface from the elements...but you leave plywood unpainted???"
 Well yes, but it is marine grade outdoor plywood. Apparently you can't even paint this stuff for a season or so, you have to let it off gas.... that's a comforting thought
 Here is the WTF....
 My bad...mia copa, mia copa. When the drive shaft was made the guy said I need 8.5" But when I put the drive shaft in place it didn't seat fully. I was about 3/16" to short. Re measuring from face plate to u joint saddle I was 8 11/16" which meant the space was 3/16" too long, and thus the drive shaft is 3/16" too short.
Here you can see the extent of it....and yes this is the GMAB.

NOW WHAT??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...