Friday, June 3, 2011

Plastic mechanic?

When you do this kinda stuff to a person they call you a plastic surgeon. What about when you do it to a bus...you know face lift, skin rejuvenation,  bone graft.....am I plastic mechanic??...I suppose I would have to be a mechanic first off to deserve that handle....how about a plastic hobbyist?
 Well what ever it is , it's fun!
 So as I suggested last time, I removed yet another panel to gain adequate access to the 'support rib' we'll call it, just in front of the drivers front tire.

 After I cut away the bad, I made a cardboard template and then transferred the shape to a piece of sheet metal. Trying to keep the number of joins at a minimum, I figured this would work perfectly!
 Seems logical...
 What was that saying we learned in grade school?...the shortest distance between two points is a straight line? You think I'd be smarter than this.
 Well some patch and spot welding and there we are....my bone (rib) graft!
Now finish sanding, paint, seal, rivet and then we'll be ready to put the last panel on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...