Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Lots of work but nothing to show:(

Now some people really know how to trick out their ride!

I spent a few hours tonight modifying the engine cradle, specifically the tranny mounts. So I pulled the cradle , did my mods, then reinstalled the cradle, and then it seemed like it took forever to get the final resting place for the engine. I had things all lined up and then a boo-boo. I let the tranny sit on it's mounting brackets on the cradle but I forgot to put in the rubber 'spacers' or vibration dampeners...and as such the tranny moved down 1 1/2" to far. Not to worry no damage was done but the tranny mounts on the cradle pushed the tarnny (and thus the engine) out of position. So at 10pm when I thought I was done for the night I was right back to where I was at 8. I wasn't going to quit though....The nice part is when you already done it once, the second time around is easier!
By midnight I had finalized the position once again and marked the cradle and mounts. Now I have to remove everything once again, drill the holes and then put it all back in........uuuuugghhhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...