Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy Fathers Day to me!!

 Fathers day was just what you would expect on the day devoted to the celebration of fatherhood. A sleep in...well not for me but Michelle had a glorious sleep!
I on the other hand find it difficult to sleep in anymore. I think it is the burning desire to 'get to it'...or the opportunity to drink coffee and have unfettered access to the computer in complete silence. I don't even slurp the coffee in fear that I may wake someone up prematurely.
Anna is usually up at the same time or even earlier than I....she wouldn't want to miss cartoons or 'wizards of Waverly place'! Jeff is our sleep in kid but Sunday morning he literally jumped out of bed in order to get the day started. Becauuuuuusssse, the long awaited day was taking the quads to the rec. area at McLean Creek.
Frankly we had a blast, it's been years since I have gone for a full on mud bog joy ride on an ATV and I was giggling as much as the kids. Both Anna and Jeff were covered from head to toe in mud and loved every second......a great Fathers day!!

 Afterwards we cleaned up and readied for the rest of the day!
 For me that meant Engine cradle try in. The big Quad, now affectionately known as 'BIG RED" came in hand to move the cradle into position.
 Mother nature tried, like she has all spring, to dampen my spirits and progress....but I would have none of it! Just like the postal service No Rain, nor sleet nor snow...well unless the crown corporation locks you out....but that is another political hot potato....
 With the engine on its blocks the cradle just slipped by...
And into position!! All is well but not finalized quite yet. A little shimmy and wiggle here and there. One tranny mount has to be 'modified' yet again.
You can also see that the cradle sits proud out the back. I will have to do some contouring and creative shaping of the bubble butt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...