Saturday, June 18, 2011

It's here, it's here it's here!!

After a long wait, the new engine cradle is here. The delay...was all my fault. I have learned many things over the last few years, but this is a new one. In hindsight it seems common sense but at the time I thought I was being the 'good' customer, you know not wanting to be high maintenance and demanding. So when I dropped off the old engine cradle with all the marking and jigs welded to it to show them what I needed in the new cradle, and the shop foreman said to me...."So, how urgent is this?" I responded....."ahhh, it's not an emergency, this is a project I am working on but I'm not in a huge rush."
In the words of Homer...(and I don't mean the greatest ancient Greek epic poet)...."DOOOOAH!!"

That is what I said, what he heard was " No need to start on it until I get mad"
So after 3 weeks of no progress I did....and 7 days later...
It's here!!
So after a clean up, and a couple of coats of POR-15
Here it is, ready to go....I can't wait!
In case you forgot what the old one was like here you go.Very similar, the new one is deeper and longer. And not riddled with holes and pieces of metal scabbed on and ground off over the last 60 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...