Saturday, June 25, 2011

Fabulous Friday

 Finally, a true blue day!! The sun was shinning from morning to night. We put the kids on the bus for school, then went for a walk with the dogs for about 2 hrs, home for some chow and then boom right at it.....it's bus time!!
 The order of business today was to get the cradle ready to mount the engine. Last time I spent ages moving and wiggling the thing into the position I felt was just right. Today was what Dentists do best....time to drill....except this time no one says ouch, except maybe me!
 Once again block up the engine and tranny and pull the cradle out enough so I can work.
 Get my series of drill bits (11/32-1/2-3/4),punch and 'persuader'


I have always trusted my Dewalt tools and man did I make this little puppy work, by the time I was done drilling the holes for the tranny mounts this little guy was so hot you could fry an egg on it.
This was a moment that I was both excited and sh** scared, little moments of doubt pop into your head saying....'what if?'...'Did you double check? triple check?'

Here are the 1/2" rear engine mounts.......everyone hold their breath....!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...