Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Little things that make me smile

I'm not OCD, I'm not a neat freak, but I do like it when the world I interact with is ordered and makes sense. Not ordered like an engineering kind of ordered, you know alphabeticalized and numerically cataloged. But just when you look at things you have a feeling of ease, not a feeling of what the #*&??

So when Big Bad Bryce gave me the suggestion....(.and when Bryce suggests something you listen...carefully!) to get these great ties for the brake lines. I did!
And they worked great. This way when Fillmore is rumbling down the road the brake lines wont be chaffed against each other!
The new hydraulic fan set up is ready. The new valve is bigger and beefier than before. I was reluctant to mount it hanging off the motor like the former set up. So I took advantage of the mounting bracket for the valve and placed it down and away. Earlier I had miss-measured one of the hydraulic hoses and had to have a new one made. When I did the guy at greenline told me to hold on to the old hose. Although I protested and said I had no use for it....I was wrong, it came in handy. A perfect fit for this application!

















Ron (my father in law) and I previously (April 2012) placed the hinged cover for the front of the ram air chute previously but I finally fashioned some tie downs to hold the piece in place. You can see now I will have to re do the floor piece, extending it to meet up with the air chute's front edge.
Meet my little butterfly! I found this at the bolt warehouse while getting 8x90mm hex driver bolts for the hydraulic pump. It was an impulse buy...but I thought that would be great to get into some tight little spaces....I love this cute little thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...