Thursday, September 1, 2011

Creating a cool breeze!

There is nothing better than picking up a drill  and knowing the only person who is going to say ouch is me! A whole lot less stress this way. I've been picking away at the project, with recent events sometimes it's kind of hard to put effort into something so self centered and self serving. If giving this up would buy more time for Dad, I'd do it in a heart beat.
But that deal is not on the table. So I pick away, I've said it before I'm really not good at sitting still. Especially in times of stress I need to be busy, I need to put my hands and mind to work. So Fillmore comes to the rescue!

 The plan here is to create ventilation for the side mounted Rad. I have a line on perforated metal siding which will give me the body but with some air flow....kind of like that really old underwear that you just can't throw out even though they have a hole in the crotch....no?....that's just me?....hmmmm that's awkward.....

 Anyway, after rivet removal I went inside and marked the panel from the inside where it needs to be cut. Thanks to my photographer Jeff who was more than willing to record the evenings events!

 I really didn't think it would actually mark the metal....but it did!












Then it was like a really manly game of connect the dots!


I didn't realize Jeff had actually taken a video, I did however trim a little off the length of the footage....and while doing so I may have omitted the accidental 'F' bomb that fell out at one point.
Lets just say we wear protective equipment for good reason!
 Not to be out done by the old man, Jeff decided to do his own 'pimp my ride'. Nothing says cool like a colored chain. The little guy got my chain tool, broke the link, cleaned and etched the chain, painted it and then put it all back together....I've never been so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...