Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Au Revoir mes amis!


As so many times, schedule dictates productivity. This will likely be the last blog entry for the next few weeks. We, as a family, are off to Quebec City tomorrow. I have a conference and Michelle and the kids are exploring the city. We'll see, I may cut out of class a few minutes early to see some sights as well.


As things go with Fillmore, just when you think you have things licked, you get another challenge. Here is the latest. I have a transmission linkage cable that needs 3" of travel to switch between all the gears. I have a shifter that has 2 3/8" of travel. So If I direct link them I will not be able to get into all the gears.
So I need to crate a uneven lever arm where movement on the shorter arm will cause more travel on the longer arm.

A little bit of Red wine and  a sketch pad, and I almost have it licked......for now.
But there also may be more than one way to skin a cat....hmmmmm....Don't overlook the obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...