Saturday, September 3, 2011

Just can't wait!

Patience, it's what Michelle says I have in spades. The thing is though that patience is not a universal trait within an individual. There are times where I show too much patience, like when I am willing to take a few steps back to redo a job to get things 'right'. There are other times when I show a lack of patience, like my choice of coffee sometimes....I could take the extra few minutes, like my friend Trevor, and fresh grind my beans, steep them in a bodum and have a really good cup of dark roast. But sometimes, it's quiet everyone is still in bed, I have the morning and the computer to myself, and the k-cup coffee maker pumps out a decent cup in about 35 seconds.Soooooooo.....
Patience is not only a learned trait, but a decision too. Sometimes we decide that waiting just takes to much time to get the result we want!!

 Prepping the engine bay area for the RAD. I stripped down the walls on the drivers side and prepped them with POR-15. I removed the rad mounts(step back) and prepped and painted the mounts and the frame under the mounts as well. After putting everything back into place....it was time for patience.
I needed to wait. The Rad was in the garage and I can't lift it all by myself. It was(of course) late, so either I have to wait for morning and get a neighbor, or go ask Michelle who was freshly showered and in her PJ's to come help.
I bit the bullet and asked the impossible. She said yes! So I went outside and waited
...and waited....
...and waited....
I'm sure it was only 10 min. But it seemed like FOREVER. I decided not to be patient, I started on my own to get things ready.

 Next thing I knew I had the Rad at the bus and it was in the door.
After a little more wrestling, it was sitting pretty in place. Just in time for Michelle to come outside (dressed like it was -25C) and tentatively look in the bus to see the job was done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...