Thursday, September 8, 2011

FAIL!

 Sorry, just trying to be hip like the young kids. Truth is it's exactly what Jeff said when he looked at what happened. Now that the Rad is in place and all is well, it's time to hook up the plumbing, every guy over 40 should make sure his plumbing is working properly.....wait wrong topic...
(seriously go for your annual check up last thing you want is a wonky prostate)
 OK, OK....I'm down off the soap box, forgive me.
 Alright, as I was saying...plumbing...so I have to re-plumb the rad, some of the piping from the donor vehicle just doesn't work. So I decided to bend some pipe! Easy peasy..........
 Jeff and I prepped the pipe, set up the pipe bender with a 3" die, and....

 FAIL!! That's not bent pipe that's a kinked pipe. Ahhhh Crimminy!
 So, I decided to go with plan B....problem is there was not a concrete "Plan B"....Plan B is really a officious way of saying "Oh crap now what?...Oh well we'll just fly by the seat of our pants now"
And so we did. This is the coolant pipe that leaves the engine block. The basic shape is good but it needs to be 8.5" longer at the short end.
 A quick visit to a pipe supplier.....well that's a lie...I went to Canadian Tire...hey they had what I need and it's 3 min from my office!(notice my super high tech work piece position-er )
 A few cuts and some creative welds....Viola!
I then got a bit confident and started hacking up the donor vehicle rad pipes, next thing you know I'm 1 step closer to getting my plumbing hooked up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...