Friday, September 23, 2011

More of the same.


 Same ol' same ol'. Usually people say that when they are exclaiming how routine their life is, but in this case I'm happy to make this claim. Mainly because it means Randy and I were working together and once again we got a lot done. Just prior  to Randy's arrival I had to do a little repair....again!
I had mounted the expansion tank....all was well. Until I wanted to change the angulation of the two outlets on the side of the tank. The brass attachments that were on the tank were strait line, and I wanted a 90 deg turn right away. Trouble was in order to remove one of the straight line connections I had to destroy it. Anyway, eventually I got what I needed and put them in place.
With that done I moved on to hooking up the pipes, once again, and securing them to the framework.


 Here's the tank right before I put it back in place for the LAST TIME. Famous last words, I may live to regret that.




 Randy showed up just in time for a little fritata and coffee. With him he brought some junior sized coveralls! Now the team is complete, everyone who has put in some sweat on Fillmore has a set of coveralls!




  


Randy picked up where he left off last time. The 16G steel that he cut out for the chute was ready to be drilled and riveted into place.


 He worked like a dog in there all afternoon, I counted he drilled over a 100 holes in the two sheets, then drilled all the holes again in the frame. From my calculations 204 holes drilled.





 After the day wrapped up I decided I wanted to put in one more line of rivets. While supper was cooking I ran out and drilled the vertical line on each side. My drill count was 28. It was then that I had to tip my hat to the man.I figure I was in the back for about 45 min, tops! I must have sweated over a liter and by the time I was done my left shoulder was killing me!
Never once did he whinge....damn stoic Mennonite!

1 comment:

  1. Not sure how to post a comment- but if this works, I'm just letting yu know we have waaay too much free time because we check the blog weekly. I (Verna) don`t understand most of it, but enjoy the commentary! `Love, Mom and Dad K.

    ReplyDelete

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...