Saturday, September 10, 2011

Detour!

 Ahhh Saturday, a day of lazy leisure. It's hard for me to choose between Friday an Saturday in terms of my fav day of the week. I suppose it depends on the criteria that you evaluate, but Saturdays are pretty hard to beat. I decided to shut off my alarm clock and let the chips fall where they may. I guess I was more tired than I thought as I didn't get my lazy butt out of bed until 8:45. I wasted half the best part of the day as my Dad would say.
 Well I traded kids yesterday, Anna went to a girlfriends for a sleep over and Jeff brought one of his buddies here for one. The good news for me is that the boys love to be outside....as do I. The bad news, well is not bad at all, frankly it's great and right up my alley.
I was just nicely getting started on Fillmore, when the oh so tell tale sing song chime of Jeff's voice rang out "Daaaaaa-aaaad?" (Detour)
 Every time I hear it I start to chuckle which puzzles him. I know from the pitch and rhythm  what he is really calling about regardless of the 5 min of pre-sell that comes as well.
 These are the times that memories are made from, so I happily dropped my date with Fillmore and came to the call for action.
 " Dad I was wondering if you could help us build a grind rail??"
I knew I was in trouble as soon as I didn't know what the hell a grind rail was. But ever the optimist I said"Sure!......what's a grind rail?"

 We sat down and had a coffee/juice break and made a crude but communicative blue print. Then some cutting, and welding....

 More cutting....

 All the while the guys I am helping are doing their part....from a distance.
But in the end, we had a nice grind rail that the boys were happily....uhhh...grinding on?!
Then off to the skate park to try out their newly aquired confidence on the big ones.
Ahh, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...