Monday, February 6, 2012

A little order to the chaos

 There is some things that are a calming influence.Some things just make you slow down and relax a bit, maybe for once just enjoy the journey as opposed to trying hard to get to your destination. For me it's working with my kids. Sure it slows things down a bit but the joy I get from seeing them take on a task and accomplish it brings a lump to my throat. This weekend I had that opportunity.

Anna who had been working away on homework was more than eager to get out of the house and do something else. Even if it meant getting dirty working on Fillmore. Here she is helping me do the final touches on the new fuse box.


You can see for ease of access I designed the fuse panel to be hinged and swing right outside so you can easily get at the back. The same goes with the lower control panel.
 The nest job was prepping the area for running the air lines. When Randy was out on Friday the 5/8" bit he had ran it's course and lived no more. I figured another was to use the pre-existing holes from the copper pipe,AND create 5/8" holes for the air line grommets. So Anna was charged with the job of cleaning the cross beam in and around these holes, getting them ready for a 'weld'.
 Jeff, being a boy with the need to hit something was charged with a slightly different job. My 220 line which runs the space heater and the line for the welder, was frozen into 2" of ice. With all the unseasonable weather, the snow had melted and froze, melted and froze. So when it came time to move the cable.....no dice. I started to devise a system using a construction heater to melt the ice above the cable, then we could mop up the water and melt the next layer. While I was busy getting the armatarium for the project, Jeff grabbed a rock and started chipping the ice away. Within 30 seconds he had more chipped away than we would have achieved in 10 min with the heater. KISS....Keep It Simple Stup-dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...