Saturday, February 25, 2012

Ready for round two


My friend Matt and his wife Fabiola were here the other day for a visit, we had a great chat and shared some memories and laughs. He recently sent me a pic of an artists piece which I loved. It often sums up how I feel about some of the things I do.
 Often my wife Michelle looks at some of the things our son does, like taking huge jumps on the ski hill, and she says with a pained puzzled look..."Why??"
Why?....who in their right mind jumps out of an airplane, or bungee jumps, or rides a Harley, who wants to dump a ton of time and money into something that will be worth a fraction of the monetary value? None of it makes sense....unless it's on your list. Carrying regrets is a heavy burden, acting on your passion is freeing!

OK, a little less psychoanalytical and a little more practical....gauge. It's all about the gauge. I was down to close to the last item on the to do list from Chris(as he returns in a day or two). And that is replacing the battery cable wires. All was well, I placed the neg ground to frame cable...a 2/0 Gauge. And then moved on to the positive....but it was a pure 2 gauge...slightly smaller.....I tried to talk myself into the belief that it was OK to use. But the little voice in my head was clearing it's throat in that annoying " Don't even waste your time trying to make due "kind of way. So I did what every self respecting dentist doing electrical work would do..... I called the mechanic. Yes Chris confirmed what I already knew but hoped differently. The 2/0 is the way to go, especially because we have a longer run of the wire. Luckily I had lots of the 2/0 gauge wire...but Houston we have a problem....it's the wrong color. All I have left in 2/0 is black. So we compromised, I used red shrink wrap on both ends.

Randy in the meantime was busy working on securing the floor in the engine room.
Once he accomplished that, he moved on to reinstalling the ram air chute cover with seam sealer.
All the while I was down under placing loom on the air lines and bundling them together to make it clean and pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...