Sunday, February 26, 2012

Playin' around

 So some times you are super productive and other times you decide to start a job that isn't perhaps high on the list of top priorities, but can be kind of fun. If you think problem solving is fun.
I know that perhaps I'm a little out there in terms of what I find to be entertaining, you know cleaning up a rusted hunk of steel to me is a real kick! Others may not agree.So it's a good thing that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, in that I have a built in buddy when it comes to trying new things.
  So Jeff and I decided that we will need to fabricate a chair stand for the 'Captains chair'... Yes I did capitalize that on purpose and yes I did put it in italics.....and just FYI in my mind the theme from Star Trek is playing.....green chicks look out!
 Seriously (for the record I was serious)   Jeff and I were talking about the accelerator and brake pedals , which lead the conversation to the floor near the front, which lead to the chair needing some modifications before we can lay the floor. Just wanted to keep you up to speed in terms of the stream of consciousness....I know, I know, it's a scary place to be. None the less, we started our exploration, we began with determining the pneumatic chair lift that we got last spring. First was to test the chair lift control.
Then to examine the bolt pattern on both the base and the chair it's self. Which by the way didn't match despite the reassurances of the guy who sold it to me. We'll have to fabricate a mounting plate, but before we do, we determined that in all likelihood, we would need to have a pedestal of some sort. The base didn't seem as high as the old one we removed.
I know it looks like I am giving the minor, my child laborer the dangerous job, but lets face it this kid last Wednesday was taking 12 ft high jumps at seemingly mock 6....I think he can handle the inherent danger of this...


As we suspected we will need a lift, only about 4 inches but it should do the trick. So we planned it out, and cut the metal.

And that's where we called it quits for the night. For two reasons...
1. Jeff was yawning and having a hard time keeping his eyes open.











And #2...........any guesses what this is??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...