Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Glass


Here we are, one of 14 windows of the bus....she's a little cracked!

As most of you who follow this blog know, I'm having a hell of a time finding these seals/moldings/"U" channel. This one is the one which holds the glass in the aluminum frame

This one is the seal between the entire window unit and the bus wall


These pics are of the trim that sits against the stationary window and acts as a stop for the sliding window.
I have checked just about every place I can think of both here in Alberta and on the Internet. I now am to the point of contacting extrusion manufacturers and having some of it custom made....not cheap.
So if anyone has a line on this stuff PLEASE let me know!!

2 comments:

  1. did you ever find anything to work---I'm in the same boat... on a boat -broken glass-replaced but need the rubber seal part .. .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the "U" channel from a company called Restoration Specialties
      http://www.restorationspecialties.com/
      And the other two I had custom made from Lindsay Rubber

      Delete

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...