Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I need your input

OK folks!! I need some help. I am in the process of refurbishing the slide windows on the bus. I have found a place who can cut/get me the glass, and I have tracked down two out of three sources for some of the seals for the windows(thank you airstream trailers!) However, I seem to be running into some challenges with finding the glass seal or glass trim seal or the window gasket. I'm not sure what the official name is but here it is. The glass pane sits in the channel in the seal/gasket which in turn sits in the channel of the window frame.
I foolishly did not measure the size but I will right away and update the blog.
If anyone out there is a closet widow gasket/seal junkie and knows where I might get a lead on something like this I would be most appreciative!!

OK here are the measurements 3/8" wide, fits into 1/4" deep channel in window frame lip sits above frame and the channel within the seal for the glass is 1/4"








No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...