Thursday, November 26, 2009

Tie Rods and guck

One of my mechanical issues is the feeling you get when you are driving the bus......well your not really driving.....more like herding a large elephant down the road. The tie rods have been a known issue since I first had the bus inspected by Chris down in Montana. Getting parts to fix it is a whole different adventure!

When I crawled under the bus to inspect the tie rods, I thought.."hmm, they don't look that bad!"

They actually look quite clean,...a little too clean.....so I looked to the other side.

Ahhhhh, now that's more like it, there is some good 60 year old wax/grease/tar/guck


This in fact is the worse tie rod on the drivers side. The clean one, I found out later in an email from Chris, is the one he had removed and cleaned in an attempt to locate new tie rods. This weekend I hope to do the same, pull the tie rods off clean them up and see if they can be repacked or replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...