Sunday, November 8, 2009

Stripped down

The night before we the "inspection" I felt a compelling need to powerwash the underbelly of the beast. Maybe it's a left over guilt from your mother saying "wear clean underwear, what if your in an accident and the doctor sees your privates?!" Well our old girl was about to get a good once over down under and I thought it should be clean.
Tricky part is that she's fairly low to the turf! This is no back country rig. So to get ample room to clean off the slack adjusters we had to back her up onto make shift ramps/blocks. Michelle if your reading this it was WAY safer than it looks.




As you know from the last post, she didn't cut the mustard on the inspection, not a surprise but now I know exactly what I need to do to get her up and running. In the meantime I continue to poke away at the interior. I won't be ready for the next step until I get her down to the bare bones.


Pulling the wall panels and the insulation...after shes' been sitting in a barn for 10 years...you can just imagine the evidence of previous inhabitants

Speaking of insulation, there are two layers in the bus. The first is a fiberglass insulation, under that is 1940's style......cardboard

One side(passenger) done next is the drivers side, then on to the ceiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...