Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Look up...look way up

I've been looking forward to seeing exactly what we have under the panels on the walls and the ceiling. I had an interesting find when I finished taking the walls down. I got everything out and realized that I could see the stainless steel panels from the inside....meaning there was no "skin" underneath. I made the quick assumption that someone before me had pulled the panels off, found rust, cut out the affected 20" of skin and then screwed the SS siding back on.
However, I have found a wonderful resource in the Flxible community on Yahoo groups. There you can talk to allot of guys who have been there & done that. They assured me that not to worry in the Flx allot of ordered buses with SS siding had no skin under the siding....so I relaxed.



This weekend was the roof, It was a little tricky, and I saved all but one of the roof panels I pulled out. Unfortunately none of them are re-use able but I can use them for templates to cut new ones.
The exterior skin was sealed from the inside with what looks like tar.....that's going to be fun!


I couldn't help taking a pic of this. The ceiling insulation was cardboard, all pre-cut and labeled !





I was trying to get a good shot of the center roof lights that run the length of the interior. Allot of old brittle wires and 12volt incandescent bulbs. My plan is to go to low amp LED lights!

1 comment:

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...