Sunday, November 29, 2009

It started so smooth....

Well today was set aside for a little bus stuff a little Grey Cup stuff....
And like Saskatchewan things started so smoothly.

I was at Princess auto on Friday and got my hands on some axle stands, and a 20 tonne hydraulic jack...awesome! So Randy came over and we put the ol' girl up in the air.

Pulled the passenger side wheel off, I felt like part of a pit crew with my impact wrench.

But this is where things turned south, getting the tie rod ends off was next to impossible. A large part due to the fact that I didn't have the most important tool...a "spreader" or a "pickle fork".

In the end on the passenger side we were able to remove the tie rod still attached to the steering arm, the drivers side was a complete no go. At least this will allow me to go with tie rod in hand to show the parts counters. I'm starting to think dropping the whole front end out and replacing it with a mid 80's or newer school bus front end might be the way to go.

I bought a brand new breaker bar...damn thing broke. I guess I misinterpreted what it's job was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...