Saturday, November 21, 2009

They don't make 'em like the used to.....

Pretty cool really, the turn signals lenses are made of glass...a multi-colored and partitioned glass.

The one above is the rear passenger side stop and turn indicator.

This is the turn indicator from the front. Due to the age and materials these things are just about impossible to replace.


I got super excited last night when I was doing my usual look through ebay. There was a rear indicator lens in perfect shape....but it was the wrong color(all yellow) and it was for the passenger side. The rear one I need is for the drivers side.

1 comment:

  1. The previous owner of my'52 Flxible told me he was missing some of these lens on the coach and noticed one day that the local fire truck had lens that looked the same. He found a fire truck supply place (this was in the 70's - pre-internet) and ordered lens he needed.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...