Sunday, July 4, 2010

Rear end work....

Another sunny (kind of....off and on...) day in the Creek
I decided that my butt needed some work.....when I say my but, I don't really mean... ahhh never mind.

I had to do some serious grinding unfortunately. Chris (my Montana Mechanic) did a bang up job on the trailer hitch but I needed to remove the rear bumper portion to access the engine cradle.

Removable portion.

Along the way I messed up and pre-drilled hundreds of holes into a new (smaller) body panel...my measurements were off by 1/8". So I had to scrap the panel and start a new. It really burned my britches to make a mistake like that but "it" happens.

The good news was, I have needed smaller pieces along the way for welding, reinforcing, the nose, the drivers rear....(careful).. so the messed up panel was not all wasted. You can see how I have cannibalized it over the last few weeks.

Here is the drivers rear I was referring to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...