Friday, July 16, 2010

Road Trip!

Tonight after a great day of golf with my good friend John(we placed 4th in our member guest tourney with a Gross 70 Net 61)...damn three putts....I spent a few hours getting the bus ready for a little road trip to Calgary in the morning. I want to go in to a self serve sandblasting place....that's right Self Serve Sandblasting!

I thought this one had some artistic merit...but beauty is in the eye of the beholder...so this is beautiful!!

One of the areas I want to clean up is the widow wells. I need to sandblast them, paint them with POR-15, insulate them and then put them all back together before the bus gets painted. There are also a few other areas that need clean up (in my humble and not neurotic or OCD opinion). Such as the bays under the floor before tanks and such go in, rear bumper, rear bumper flashing, bump rails, etc etc.

With the tarp essentially wrapping the bus right now, there is no natural light getting in. I got really tired of lugging a trouble light around... so I jury-rigged some work lights....maybe a little overkill with 6- 100Watt flood lights?

This is probably the cleanest this old girl has looked in 9 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...