Thursday, July 22, 2010

Undercover

OK not really but I want to get this old girl under some cover. I am far from lacking things to do inside the bus...but time is ticking away, less than a week before I leave to join the fam in Manitoba. I want to get the bus parked in it's spot and under some cover. I'm sure Michelle doesn't want to come back home to find the bus exactly where it was when she left.

Anyway, being a sucker for theme or continuity of design,(I like things to match). I would like to have a shelter with the same 'flavour', if you will, as the storage shed. Barn-like!
Randy and I discussed the concept over steak and beers the other night when he was here. His suggestion was to use graph paper, draw it out and get everything finalized before putting blade to wood. So I did.....however......I am a planner, but, also a hands on kinda guy. I need to see to believe.
Forest Gump's Momma said life was like a box a' chocolates... and in that same vein a bus is like 4 boxes of crackers.

Yesterday at work John came with a big delivery. By the way, if you find yourself on a first name basis with your local UPS delivery guy and your everyday work requires virtually no shipping...you must be restoring a vintage vehicle ! Yet I digress. John (my UPS guy) came with a shipment 2 boxes, each about 5 feet tall and 70 lbs each. There was no way I could fit those in my Jetta, but Rob had his truck at work so we swapped vehicles. On my way home I realized this was my chance to get 'stuff home' so I loaded up with lumber for the parking shelter.

Oh ya....it's raining...AGAIN!!!

Make a few cutting jigs and badda bing badda boom!

I couldn't decide on size so I made two prototypes. Which one did I choose? Door number three Bob, I decided I liked a bit of both so I'm creating a hybrid of the two sizes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...