Sunday, May 20, 2012

Details,details...

 There is always something, never(as of yet) have I been stumped looking for something to do on Fillmore. Although there have been times where I have bee so overwhelmed or consumed that I have trouble thinking of a job for someone else, in the end there are always little details that need attention.

Friday marked a day that I was hoping would be a significant day in Fillmore's journey. I was hoping he might take a little trip. Randy started the day by finishing the drivers seat area. He installed the floor, which then meant we could install the brake treadle and accelerator.

 While he worked inside I was taking care of some details that have been on my mind for a year or two. On the panels that surround a wheel well, the sheeting edge needs to be finished, a fold really.
 Next was the side engine bay door.The door didn't quite latch, the striker plate on the bottom was not allowing the vertical latch to engage. So I fabed a new plate. Easy Peasy.
Now she shuts and latches properly!

By days end things were put back together, ready for a pressure test....(cue the suspenseful music)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...