Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Hit rewind...

 Mothers day, I know I know your thinking "what?... that was a week or two ago!" I have posted out of sequence. I was excited and needed to share the news of Fillmore on the move. But lets back up a bit and see the events that slightly preceded the monumental moment of Fillmore's reveal. (OK reveal is a little strong.....his appearance?)
Every now and again you have to stop and smell the flowers.
On Mothers day we had a family bike ride along the river in a place called Paddy's flats. We started at river level and slowly climbed until we reached this look out. Love it! It was good to get me out from under the dash  of the bus, even for a few hours.
But my obsession calls. Truth be known I thought that I might be ready to give Fillmore a nudge that mothers day weekend. After I put the dash in and Randy finished the floor and the seat. I installed the foot pedals. Then I started things up and waited to reach pressure. All was good but just when I thought I might release the parking brake and back up....."POP!!....HIsssssssssssssssss" and there goes all my air pressure. I took the floor panels apart and found the supply hose had come off the foot treadle. Better now than later!! So I made the optimistic assumption that I just hadn't installed it correctly and put it back together.
Start it up again...reach pressure and........"POP!!....HIsssssssssssssssss"
Same thing! (#@**$)
So I removed and replaced the fitting and tried again!
Bingo, all was well. It's holding pressure....to much pressure really. The AD9 is dumping excess pressure quite regularly.... I have to check the regulator in the compressor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...