Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Perspective

I love my kids, they are as random and bizarre as their parents. We went on a family bike ride down by the river on the weekend...Mothers Day to be exact. While we were out, Jeff was taking all sorts of pictures with our waterproof camera. A simple little point and shoot digital. At the risk of sounding old, I love the freedom digital photography gives kids. Gone are the days where parents had to say " Don't waste film!" Now we can simply let them take the camera and let their imagination run wild, no filters! Now we can get a glimpse of the world though their eyes.
Perspective is something that I think about a lot. With respect to the Fillmore project often I get asked "when are you going to get done? what's your timeline?" My answer often sours the inquisitive face that posed the questions. The answer for the two queries is the same......"When it's done." For many that is an unpleasant response, for their perspective the goal is the destination. From my perspective the goal is the journey.
The picture above is what happens when you let a 10 year old experiment with perspective.....any guesses?



Perspective can change so quickly. The new dash panels came back and they look great. Took me an hour or two to mount everything and get things all lined up.





All of a sudden things are starting to come together!


But for every Yin there is a Yang. Randy finished the corner bracket for the drivers seat, that then will allow the floor to be installed. BUT...before I can install the floor I need to either reposition the shifter or modify it somewhat. The new seat is wider than the old one, so now the shifter sits tight against the side of the seat. I really should have taken a photo before I cut the shift stick off but...there is a bend in the stick that actually bends in towards the seat, so I cut the shifter and will rotate it 180 degrees so the bend move the stick away from the captains chair.....
(That's right you heard me Captain's chair!!)
The final complication is that I have installed a swivel riser under the drivers seat, so that at rest the drivers seat can rotate around to the action. I'll give you a second to visualize....
If you haven't guess there is another problem. When the seat rotates the stick is in the way. So I fabricated a detachable stick using 1/2" bolt and deep nut.
I pulled Jeff off the quad to help me re-install the shifter mountings, then gave it a try. Works like a damn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...