Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Interconnectivity


Ya easy for me to say.
OK, I might be going out on a head trip here. But after working on Fillmore for a few years you can see how everything is affected by something.The concept can be summarized as that all parts of a system interact with and rely on one another simply by the fact that they occupy the same system, and that a system is difficult or sometimes impossible to analyze through its individual parts considered alone.


Huh?....well, I won't go to far back but...I wanted to change the engine, which affects the linkage to the drivers area, what used to be a direct physical linkage needed to be changed to air driven linkage for the set up. That then meant I needed a new accelerator pedal, which meant....well if I'm going to up date the accelerator I might as well do the brake treadle too..Before I can replace the kick plates(floor panels), I need to install the flooring under the drivers seat. If I'm doing all that then I'll refurbish the kick plates first.I'm in there anyway so now is the time to clean up under and around the kick plates!













So to summarize changing the engine made me paint the steering column.
Capisce?

So on to the floor, stealing a few boxes from work I set out to create a template.
Yes I am kneeling on my kitchen table......my wife is out of town.
Not bad......lets see how well I can transfer this to 3/4" tx plywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...