Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Styx

 Is it any wonder I've got too much time on my hands? 

Ticking away with my sanity 

Before I get to many "guffaws" on that pop culture reference from a great 80's band, allow me to clarify. It's not that I am bored and have absolutely nothing to do (as a matter of fact it is quite the opposite) but rather it's more that I have the time to slow down and make choices that I will be happy with down the road. The fact that I have no hard deadline for Fillmore works both in my favor and against me.

For example, the other day I was re installing the wiper motors-yet again. The plates, when I got Fillmore, were held on by flat head(slot) metal screws. I didn't really like that, but I figured I would continue on with the same. The more I thought about it the more got to musing how great it would be to have nuts welded to the back side of the skin so I could use machine screws. But access to the backside would be impossible to tack weld nets to.
What if I created a backing plate and welded the nuts to it. Then I could still use the machine screws, get a better and more reliable attachment!

 So I traced some 16 G sheet metal
And started cutting!!........unfortunately this is all I can show you right now. This was not a very productive Fillmore weekend. I had a singing competition on Friday/Saturday, and Sunday?....well I was wiped! This is as far as I got. But keep posted there will be more progress soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh No! Not again!!

You may remember this time last year I found a  wee problem I had been checking things out and found a significant break in my flywheel hous...